Friday, June 24, 2016

Opening Post - Long Overdue



This blog was created several months ago. Dave and I have talked for some time about needing to blog but something seems to always get in the way. Time is a big factor of course and of there are work responsibilities but there was also the underlying feelings of inadequacy. Do we really have something worth sharing? Would anyone even be slightly interested in the things that we are interested in? Should we have more than one blog? Making decisions like this just delays the creation or simply put gave me an excuse not to ever create the first post.

Today Dave and I had the opportunity to eat lunch with a very interesting lady we met on our shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Karen North a true education consultant and a super advocate for computer science education. She kept telling us she is retired but I think she keeps a busier schedule than me. Each time I shared something I had recently been working on she asked where is the blog post or do you have your resources linked on your website. Needless to say I felt conviction with a capital C. I have been recommending blogging and educators sharing your work. I have shared numerous times with the #showyourwork hashtag and statements like sharing is caring on twitter. I even taught a class 2 weeks ago on creating and maintaining your positive digital footprint. It is time we established our brand in the blog world.

So you have read our first blog post. It seems I had to fly to another city to actually start it but sometimes the first step is the hardest. Some post will be written by Jennifer and others written by Dave. The topics will be varied depending what we are working on at the time. Topics may include ideas on marketing, educational technology, and our work with Sunday School promotion. The first several post will be about our experiences in the #GenCyber Middle Grades Teacher Camp that was held at Augusta University.

No comments:

Post a Comment